Bad variable name on Docker images
- 9 months 2 weeks ago
Some days ago I started to have some issues with all my alpine based images. I'm using runit to package some apps using nginx and python. So, recently after re-install my system with Ubuntu 16.04, (my previous version was 14.04), and install the latest docker version I was seeing a weird behaviour with my alpine based images. When I link it with any mysql databse and I get all those environmet variables injected into my alpine container I geth the following error:
Starting pre-service scritps in /etc/my_init.d *** Running: /etc/my_init.d/01_set-mirror.sh /sbin/my_init: export: line 148: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX: bad variable name
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is a GPG key
Containers: 0 Running: 0 Paused: 0 Stopped: 0 Images: 45 Server Version: 17.05.0-ce Storage Driver: aufs Root Dir: /home/user/docker-data/aufs Backing Filesystem: extfs Dirs: 56 Dirperm1 Supported: true Logging Driver: json-file Cgroup Driver: cgroupfs Plugins: Volume: local Network: bridge host macvlan null overlay Swarm: inactive Runtimes: runc Default Runtime: runc Init Binary: docker-init containerd version: 9048e5e50717ea4497b757314bad98ea3763c145 runc version: 9c2d8d184e5da67c95d601382adf14862e4f2228 init version: 949e6fa Security Options: apparmor seccomp Profile: default Kernel Version: 4.4.0-77-generic Operating System: Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS OSType: linux Architecture: x86_64 CPUs: 4 Total Memory: 5.72GiB Name: workstation ID: ... Docker Root Dir: /home/user/docker-data Debug Mode (client): false Debug Mode (server): false Registry: <a href="https://index.docker.io/v1/ Experimental:" rel="nofollow">https://index.docker.io/v1/ Experimental:</a> false Insecure Registries: 127.0.0.0/8 Live Restore Enabled: false WARNING: No swap limit support
The issue is present even if I use alpine docker image version
3.5. It makes no difference.
BTW Some weeks ago the same image did work flawlessly, I'm guessing that the issue is related with docker version, but I don't know how to fix it.
UPDATE-1: I tracked down the issue to a script exporting all environment variables, it is weird because If I run the script, the export fails saying:
bad variable name but if I issue exactly the same command from the command line interface it doesn't complain. You can see the script at: http://d.pr/UgCtp